Practice Evolve is a global provider of Practice Management software (in layman’s terms, Accounting, Workflow, and Document Management) to the LegalTech industry throughout the UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. With offices in Cork, Leeds, Bath, and Sydney, we are a diverse team of dedicated individuals working internationally and using our combined talents to excel in this niche industry. By being reliable, responsible, and reputable, our vision is to enable law firms to achieve their operational efficiency goals through our technology.
Over the last number of years, we have been transitioning from conventional Client/Server based products to Cloud. As the next part of this evolution, we are now looking for an experienced Infrastructure Manager to lead our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team, taking full responsibility for how our installed products operate, both on our internal Azure-hosted Cloud, as well as third party infrastructure chosen by our clients. This is a permanent full-time position, initially focused on the UK and Ireland, with the potential to grow to an international team.
You will be responsible for leading the SRE team, ensuring the various practice evolve products run efficiently and effectively, whether on the client’s in-house or hosted setup or within our azure hosting environment, ensuring best practice is implemented. You will liaise with the business leads to understand the business requirements and needs, translating these into technical solutions which ensure the service area continues to enable the company to achieve its targets and objectives.
- Lead the SRE team
- Develop, implement and maintain the hosting platform policies and procedures
- Build and mentor the team so that they deliver the following
- Work with internal and external IT teams to set up/operate/monitor infrastructure and deploy our software.
- Collaborate with developers to build and improve automation
- Monitor applications to ensure the quality of hosted services
- Design, implement, and maintain backup and business continuity plans
- Implementing security of the network, data, and its storage and communication systems
The ideal candidate will:
- Experience in hosting environments, preferably in Azure / AWS
- Managing a Microsoft server stack (Windows/SQL)
- Deployed software for an ISV (as opposed to in-house)
- Created/deployed/maintained scripts (e.g. Powershell/bash)
- Working autonomously and collaboratively
- Great communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team (we have flexible work arrangements and a global team)
- ISO127001 understanding
It would be a bonus if you know about:
- CI/CD processes, Git
What we offer:
- Amazing opportunities to progress your own career and skill set
- A competitive salary package
- Access to our company’s pension/Income protection/Health Hero scheme
- Life insurance
- Hybrid or Remote working model
- Social committee and regular social events
About the LegalTech industry
LegalTech is the booming legal technology industry, building software solutions that are transforming the way legal services are delivered. Record amounts of funding have poured into the industry in recent years as investors realise the potential for long-term value that LegalTech companies can deliver. The industry is estimated to be worth around $15bn and is growing every year. Cloud technology has yet to penetrate the mid and top-tier firms, which represents a significate opportunity for future growth